NOTE: Use a large saucepan as mixture increases greatly in quantity when bi-carbonate of soda is added. Have tin oiled and ready to pour in honeycomb. Do not move tin while setting.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Place sugar, golden syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Stir over gentle heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quickly add bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir quickly and pour into oiled 28 x 28 cm lamington tin.
- Mark into pieces while still warm or break into pieces when completely set.
- Store in an airtight container.